I finally decided to create the blog I have always been looking for...a blog that I can turn to when I'm feeling lazy and uninspired to go to the gym....one that will give me the push I need to get my butt off the couch, out the door and to the gym...so here it is GYMSPIRATION!

Saturday, May 8, 2010

Current Training Program - as of 5.1.10

So a buddy of mine from Romania (who is an excellent source of gymspiration for me) put together a training program for me. Since I meet with Tim the Trainer once a week, he suggested I go three other times during the week. During each day I would focus on one major group of muscles and two minor groups.

Day 1:
- Major Group: Chest
- Minor Groups: Abs and Traps

Day 2:
- Major Group: Back
- Minor Groups: Biceps and Triceps

Day 3:
- Major Group: Legs (Quads and Hams)
- Minor Groups: Calves and Shoulders

For each group I do 3-4 exercises - for each exercise I do 4 sets - for each set I do 6-8 reps with a one minute break between sets. He also said that he never does the same weight twice in row...so if he can do 8 reps at a certain weight then he ups it, but if he can only do 6 we lowers it.

So far it's working out well for me and in two short weeks and I can already tell I've made progress!

No comments:

Post a Comment