I finally decided to create the blog I have always been looking for...a blog that I can turn to when I'm feeling lazy and uninspired to go to the gym....one that will give me the push I need to get my butt off the couch, out the door and to the gym...so here it is GYMSPIRATION!

Sunday, May 9, 2010

101 Ways to Lose Your Gut - Fitness Article - 1

I found this article on Men's Fitness that has a lot of good tips (101 to be exact) for loosing some weight. Some are just plain common sense - as in "Get off you a$$" - but need saying, and others are cool tips you might not have thought of.


Here are the tips I'm going to try this week:
Find inspiration. Take a digital picture of yourself, shirtless, in all your fat, naked splendor. Then use a photo-editing program on your computer to erase your love handles and create your own digital "after" shot. (You can also take a Polaroid of yourself in front of a black background and use a Magic Marker to thin down your waist.) Post the pictures somewhere you'll see them often, like on the fridge or in your office at work.

Or you can check out my blog :) Although to keep myself honest I am going to start posting my stats on Sundays...I think having to put all that on the blog will make me want to make sure the numbers are getting better every week!
Sneak extra activity into your day. Pace around your office while talking on the phone; run into the bank to cash your check instead of using the drive-thru. When researchers at the Mayo Clinic fed a group of volunteers an extra 1,000 calories a day over the course of eight weeks, they found sedentary individuals gained eight times more weight than those who fidgeted a lot during the day.
Since I spend most of my day on my butt at my desk, I think this will be a good. I think I'll start taking the long way to the break room and try to take 15 minute walking break twice a day.
Eat more slowly. "It can take 12 minutes or longer for the signal that you've started to eat to make its way to your brain," says Mark S. Gold, M.D., of the McKnight Brain Institute at the University of Florida. Quick tips: Sip some water between every bite of food you eat, or at least eat more meals with friends or family members. You'll be more likely to talk and therefore to eat more slowly.
This one may be obvious, but I'm a super fast eater...so this one will be important for me - and probably the hardest to do...

Check out all the tips here.

No comments:

Post a Comment